Are you a small business owner looking for cost effective digital marketing strategies? We have good news for you. Many digital marketing strategies are very cost effective. You can create a cost effective digital marketing strategy no matter what your budget.
The first thing you should focus on is your content. If you want to attract people to your website you will need to have quality content when they get there. Quality content includes engaging website copy, useful blog articles, eye-catching infographics, and insightful videos. The benefits of quality content include, but are not limited to:
- Increasing social media engagement by giving your customers something to share and talk about,
- Helping you rank higher in search engine results. Current search engine algorithms seem to reward fresh, relevant and quality content,
- Increasing your credibility and positioning yourself as a thought leader in your industry,
- Helping you to nurture and generate leads. Consider setting up a landing page in which people give you their email address in exchange for exclusive content. You can build your email list and give away quality information. It’s a win-win.
Organic SEO is another cost effective digital marketing strategy. Many people think that SEO costs a lot of money. It really doesn’t have to. Organic SEO is what you do to get your website ranked higher naturally. Organic SEO is not a pay to play strategy. You should begin by assessing your website’s SEO as it stands. Solo SEO has great tools to help you gauge your SEO and gives you ideas on how to improve it. When you create fresh content, make sure you include the meta information. This is what search engines looks for. You’ll want at least a meta title and meta description that uses keywords and makes sense. You should add meta descriptions to your images too since currently search engines do not ‘read’ images. Keyword density is important, try to use a specific keyword at least once per 100 words. Finally, search engines prefer in-depth content. Your webpages should be at least 500 words. Research indicates that longer content articles in the 2,000 to 2,500 word range tend to increase search engine rankings.
Social Media is definitely one of the most cost effective digital marketing strategies. Used in the right way, it can be an effective customer service tool and shows customers that you’re proactive and ready to interact with them. Some tips for effective social media strategy include, but are not limited to:
- Choosing your social media channels wisely. Smaller businesses should concentrate on a small group of social media channels so they can manage them properly. You want to post consistently and to the channels your customers are using.
- Taking advantage of free analytics. Most social media channels provide insights or information on how posts perform. They’re quick and easy to understand. They’ll help you create a social media strategy as you go.
- Identifying key influencers within your industry and engaging with them. They can help you build your audience with a quick mention on their feeds. Your goal is to get them to share your content on their feeds. First, you’ve got to do some relationship building. You can do it. You can do them a favor or share their content with your users.
Now, that you know some great cost effective digital marketing strategies, what are you waiting for? Get started today.