You need effective SEO strategies to boost your online sales. If you’re running an ecommerce site, these strategies can make the difference between your site being on the front pages of Google or not. Many users don’t scroll past the first few pages of search results when looking for people to do business with.
So, what effective SEO strategies can you use to boost your online sales? We’ve got five here for you.
Ready to get started?
- Set up an internal linking structure. Having a successful internal linking plan in place is a necessity when creating any website not to mention a high performing ecommerce site. Internal linking, in case you didn’t know, is the process of creating links that go from one page on a website to a different page on the same website. The best part is that if you correctly utilize category pages on your website, then a majority of the problem is already resolved. Internal linking is an effective SEO strategy for several reasons. First and foremost, it keeps everything organized. A good internal linking plan will ensure that your visitors can easily navigate your website. They will naturally establish an information hierarchy. Second, internal linking allows Google and other search engines to crawl your pages more easily. If your website has a well linked organizational structure, Google can more easily crawl and index your site. You will be rewarded for your efforts with a higher search engine ranking than a competitors site that is not easy to crawl. Finally, internal linking allows you to cross-sell and upsell other products to your users. This may not be a true SEO strategy, but once users are on your site, it’s definitely a money maker for you and one you should consider strongly.
- Utilize product reviews. Customer product reviews are among the most impactful elements you can include on an ecommerce product page. The vast majority of users will read reviews before purchasing a product and more than half say that product reviews impact their purchasing decisions. Reviews not only help ensure that your product is worth the effort of purchasing, they have good SEO juice. Why? They provide new content and new pages to your website. Another thing about reviews is that they are user-generated. They are written by people who have bought the product and used it. They are indicative of how good the product is. You don’t have to spend time writing the content and you get honest feedback of your products. It’s a win-win.
- Include schema markup on your pages. What is schema markup and why is it an effective SEO strategy? Well, schema markup is a bit of coded HTML that tells search engines what they’ll find on your website before they click through to see it. Websites can get a significant click through rate (CTR) increase by using schema markup. This will improve user signals on your site. This is a factor that Google takes heavily into consideration. Results amplified by schema markup are much more appealing and get more clicks. That’s all you really need to know.
- Optimize page speed. The speed of your website plays a massive role in the success of your website. Think about it – how patient are you with websites that take a long time to load? If you’re like most people, a few seconds is too long. In fact a good portion of people will abandon a site if it takes longer than three seconds to load. You can use tools online to check out how long it takes your site to load and then, if you need to, you can hire someone to improve the speed of your site.
- Create original product descriptions. You should take the time to write your own descriptions for your products even if they come from another vendor. If you use their content, that’s like using duplicate content and Google hates duplicate content. If you can use your personality in your product descriptions not only will Google like it better, so will your visitors. You can bring your product descriptions to life by telling a story while also including keywords. It’s one of the most effective SEO strategies you can use as an ecommerce provider.
We know that there are other SEO strategies that you can use to boost online sales. However, we want you to know that if you’re doing the strategies talked about in this blog already, you are on the path to SEO success. Effective SEO is not difficult to do. You just have to work on it a bit. If you’re really interested in this topic, please visit our blog archives as we regularly discuss these topics.