When used correctly Facebook can help your business grow. That’s a fact. It’s the world’s most popular social media network. It literally changed the social media game. Actually, Mark Zuckerberg and crew are often credited with starting the whole phenomenon. Facebook, however, is more than just a place to update your friends and family with baby pictures and pet memes. It can do wonders for your business.
In this blog we’ll explain five ways that Facebook can help your business grow.
- You can collect testimonials and reviews on your Facebook business page. If you set up your Facebook page as a local business, you have the option to collect testimonials and reviews from your customers. You can put up a sign at your brick and mortar business or on your website and let customers know that they can review you or provide testimonials for your business on Facebook. In addition to having a Facebook page of reviews, you can add the best reviews to your business’ website. This will provide a value-add to your business page and your business.
- You can engage directly with your audience. Perhaps the most important way you can use your Facebook page for business is to interact with your audience. Who is your audience? Well, they’re the people who like your content, fans of your business, potential customers, former customers, and current customers. You should create posts that engage all of these people. Basically, when it comes to writing Facebook content, you should follow an 80/20 approach – with 80% of your content catering to your audience and 20% catering to your business. These business posts include sales, marketing, and self-promotion. You should encourage your audience to participate on your page and share relevant content about your niche or industry.
- You should not be afraid to ask your audience for feedback. Do you want some insight into what your potential or current customers want? Ask them directly on Facebook. You can set up surveys on your page and get results in real time. A survey will encourage people to engage on your page and help you discover what they need from you so you can go ahead and provide it.
- You can use your Facebook page for blog comments. Maybe you’ve had to deal with spam on your business blog and you’ve decided that it’s just not worth it so you’ve gotten rid of the comments on your business blog. It’s okay. You can direct your blog readers to your Facebook page on your blog post so they can discuss the blog on Facebook. This will help you build organic engagement on your page. If people see a great discussion developing around a blog post on your Facebook page, they will likely click through to read the blog post so you get double the traffic. That helps with SEO as well as engagement.
- You can combat negative results on search engines with your Facebook page. If your business is struggling on search engines, Facebook is a strong domain with a lot of search engine clout. A page with your business name on Facebook will rank well in search results. Although your Facebook page might not rank immediately after your website, it will likely be there in the first few results.
There are a lot of great ways to use your Facebook page to grow your business. Your business should always post great content. That’s the key. All the other good things that come from Facebook relate back to you having good content on that social media site. Facebook can help grow your business, but you have to put in some time and effort. For more information on how Facebook can help you in your business endeavors, stay tuned to our blog. We will definitely talk more about Facebook in upcoming blog posts.