You may not realize this, but you need to market your business on social media. Social media is now a popular medium for businesses to market in. More than a billion people are now on Facebook alone. Research shows that nearly 2 in 3 adults use social media. Without a targeted social media campaign, you could be losing out on a lot of potential leads and customers.
So, why do you need to market your business in social media?
- Social Media gives you wider reach. With social media at your fingertips, you can reach a much larger audience than you could without it. Social media also allows you to determine the kind of audience you want to reach.
- Using social media helps you boost your website’s SEO. Search engine crawlers know which pages are consistently earning traffic and which are floating out there in the internet void, forgotten and unvisited. A killer content strategy for SEO is the most important part of earning top spots in search engine rankings, which will ensure you will be found online. Driving traffic to your optimized pages via social media will cause them to climb much faster in the search engine results pages (SERPs). That’s true especially if you use Google Plus. Although Google Plus is not a very popular social media network, Google indexes Google Plus searches and gives them ranking credit. If you include your links in a Google Plus post, it’s like getting double the SEO juice.
- Social media marketing is easily sharable. When you post your advertisement or marketing to social media, a user can easily share it with others. This means that once you’ve prepared a post, people can drive it to your target market – their friends and family who need your products and/or services.
- Studies show that a strong social media presence builds brand loyalty. There was a report published by Texas Tech University a few years back that said that brands with active social media profiles have more loyal customers. That is no less true today. When you’re engaging on social media and interacting with your customers or clients, you become less like a corporation and more like what you truly are – a unified group of people who share a vision. After all, that’s what your business is. On social media, people can see you for what you are and they often respond positively to it.
- Social media lets you respond quickly to your customers. When you share content on social media, you can keep track of it easily. This includes customer responses and feedback. You can also respond to these comments and the feedback. When you do, people realize you are an involved and interested company, one that cares about its customers. This will help you engage with your audience better. They’ll keep coming back to your social media profile for more information.
- Social Media can be niche marketed. For example, if you market with Facebook, you can join groups related to your products, industry and customer base. By posting links in these groups, you’ll help influence customers to check out your website. You can also answer questions on Quora as well. You can become the industry expert people are looking for.
As you can see, social media marketing has many benefits for businesses of all sizes and experience levels. You need to market your business in social media to improve your bottom line. Social media is a vibrant, active and interactive location to market yourself. You’ll get feedback in real time and, as long as you are prepared to remain responsive, social media marketing can only be good for you.